Intravenous Laser Irradiation Of Blood
IV Laser Irradiation Overview
One of the most widespread therapeutic ways of low intensive laser radiation is the intravenous laser irradiation of blood (IV LBI) which is now being successfully used in various areas of medicine.
It has a detoxifying effect, thrombolytic action, and stimulates tissue regeneration. It increases the cells' resistance to pathogenic agents and stimulates the general and local factors of immune protection. It decreases the pathogenicity of microbes and increases the sensitivity of pathogenic microorganisms towards the effect of antibacterial therapy antibiotics. Some of the indications for laser irradiation of blood are: septic state (virus, mycoplasmic, toxoplasmic), mycosis, staphylococcus, streptococcus and other infections, antiphospholipide syndrome; immunodeficiency.
The following changes occur following irradiation of blood by laser: changes in interrelations of molecules (lipid-water, protein-water, lipid-protein, conformational transformation in proteins); changes of physical and chemical properties of bioliquids (of rheology, diffusion, phase stability, various mechanical, transportation and membranes properties of organelles and cells; changes of activity of biochemical reactions.
As a result of a low-intensity laser action during a given pathology detoxication effect, thrombolytic action, stimulation of tissue regeneration, increase of cells' resistance to pathogenic agents, stimulation of general and local factors of immune protection, the decrease of pathogenicity of microbes and growth of their sensitivity to antibiotics, normalization of liquid metabolism and some other therapeutic effects were observed.
Laser irradiation of blood treatment:
- The intravenous invasion method preference is given to red laser
- The procedure is usually conducted daily.
- Duration of each procedure - 15-20 min., 7-12 procedures in all.
IV Laser is recommended in the following cases:
- Septic state (virus, mycoplasmic, toxoplasmic)
- Mycosis, staphylococcus, streptococcus and other infections
- Antiphospholipide syndrome
Positive effects of IV Laser:
- Stimulation of metabolism.
- Normalization of microcirculation.
- Increase the resistance of the cells towards pathogenic agents.
- Has an analgesic effect and anti-inflammatory activity.